Saturday, March 14, 2009

Carmen's Yummy Salad

This is THE SALAD! My friends and family love it when I make my Yummy Salad. It's got such a great variety of flavors and it's always a hit. You really don't have to have all the fruits, but they sure taste delcious. It's so yummy that I think that's how it got it's name. :)My kids will actually ask me to make it every week.

Why the dressing??? We often put too much dressing on our salads taking away from all the great flavors. A little balsamic drizzle with olive oil and that's all it needs. Forget all the creamy dressing high in fat. Go simple. Don't forget the fresh peppercorn. mmmmm..... Today I made it and just sprinkled fresh lemon juice and olive oil. MMmm again. Grill some chicken or fish and make it a complete meal. Enjoy
xo


Large bowl filled with 1/2 Spring Mix. & 1/2 Spinach

Med. Tomato cubed

1/2 avocado cubed

blueberries (handful or more)

strawberries ( handful or more)

Mandarin oranges that come in a glass container (veggie section at Publix or Walmart)

1/2 red onion diced (optional)

Cantaloupe (handful optional too)

Crushed Walnuts

Low fat Feta cheese



Dressing: Balsamic and Olive oil Sea Salt & Pepper to taste
Tip: Serve each serving and then add the dressing to taste. If you have leftovers keep it for the next day for lunch.

2 comments:

Sugar Sugar Bags said...

I can attest to the Yummy Salad being SO yummy! I'm making it today! Thanks for sharing Carmen! I really want you to post the tomato basil soup asap!!
Thanks!
Mush

Sugar Sugar Bags said...

Love the Yummy Salad...making it today! Please post the tomato basil soup asap! love you...Mushie