Sunday, December 13, 2009

Penne Pasta with Sundried Tomatoes, Feta Cheese, & Pine Nuts

Lil David said "what's for dinner mom"? I had no idea what to make. Fifteen minutes later I made up this easy simple meal. What saved me is I always have fresh basil in my garden and the rest was around for " just in case I need it kinda staple". I use sundried tomatoes for so many last minute ideas and the pine nuts always seem to compliment the tomatoes. Enjoy.


1 pound penne pasta
4 garlic cloves, minced and crushed
1/4 cup olive oil
Sea Salt and peppercorn, to taste ( the kind you have to grind)
1 bunch basil, chopped
1 bag of sun-dried tomatoes found in produce aisle
4 oz. low fat feta cheese
4 tablespoons of Pine nuts

( You can even add fresh parmesan or a fresh vegetable such as brocolli or asparagus or left over chicken! )

Directions
Cook pasta according to directions. Drain. Set aside in Large bowl.

In same pot saute garlic in olive oil until tender. Add salt & pepper and sundried tomatoes. Add to the pasta along with the basil feta cheese and pine nuts. Toss to mix. Adjust seasonings as necessary. Serve immediately.

No comments: